Tuesday 23 June 2015

"Dil Dhadhakne Do"

Last Sunday evening, mum and I were enjoying my favourite waffles with salty caramel ice-cream, and coffee with one of my friends, Prerna at R.O.D. - Infact, she's the one who introduced me to this place :) And then she very kindly dropped us at the 100AM NTUC Finest where we picked up some more Milo and Mie Goreng for the brother :D

Monday night shifts at ED are dreadful :D It begins itself with 50+ lodgers - who are basically patients who have been waiting all day for a ward bed! I haven't quite understood why it is that Mondays are our busiest days! Slowly, yet gradually Tuesdays and Wednesdays are following suit and there seems to be no respite even over the weekend! I've often wondered, how is it that in such a small country, there are so many people and so many sick people! Wahlau! (This being the Singlish  term for Oh! My God! :D)

But every shift ends, and there's bright sunshine or an occasional rain shower to greet you in the morning post a tiring night shift. However, unlike most post-night days, I wasn't particularly looking forward to this Tuesday. Mum was flying back that night. I relived all the fun times I had with her and how it was so amazing to have her around. I've no idea what mothers are made up of - they seem to be a different species altogether - for only they are capable of such unconditional giving and loving <3 And this is such a universal phenomenon, I've often questioned if I would ever be capable of love of such divine quality...Time will tell, or so I tell myself :P

So, later that evening, Mum and I headed to the airport; the check-in was smooth and quick, and we treated ourselves to some lavish Thai dinner :) The iced lemongrass juice is so refreshing - it almost makes one smile, if you'd let it :D I FaceTimed with dad, to tell him, that if I could choose, I'd keep mum here :P but I was being a bigger person, and sharing her with him! Haha! Yes, often, I'd like to be a kid and say silly things and laugh with the family :) For these moments are priceless...

I got back with a heavy heart obviously, for farewells are never kind on the heart; but I consoled it saying, the airport would be warmed with hugs with the husband and later the mommy#2 soon enough :) Early next morning, I enjoyed the morning calm on my way to the airport to pick Prantik from his 3-week eventful U.S.A. trip. #MoraPiyaGharAaya

Pran, glad to be back home was happy to see the small new additions to the home decor; and he was  brimming with  excitement to show all the gifts that he had picked up for me, us, family and friends :) He has always been the thoughtful, caring person and I can't love him enough for that. So I sat right in the centre, as he pulled out all the packages, one by one :D at the end of which, I was surrounded by heaps of interesting stuff, including a pack of cards and rolling dice from Vegas! :)

Later that evening, we treated ourselves to some Gold Class tickets to Jurassic World at Golden Village. We sat back, stretched our legs, had some good food and enjoyed the evening.
Next evening, post work, we just chilled at home and watched Scandal season 4 which was finally on Netflix :) so yaay! Pran was still recovering from his jetlag so we called it a night earlier than usual, while listening to John Legend's "All of Me".

Friday was another early morning, racing the dawn to the airport yet again, to welcome Pran's mum, my mommy#2 :) Maa (Amma is my mum, Maa is his mum :D) liked our nice high, windy apartment - we welcomed the sun's first rays with coffee and some chivda, while eagerly planning our next India visit during Durga Puja time :) I headed off to work - and while at NUH, I was uber touched to receive a note of genuine appreciation and an apple! I was certainly overwhelmed to say the least...We chilled post-shift at the mall next door, over some Green Thai chicken curry. #TGIF

The weekend was here - it doesn't really matter for people like me who work shifts, even over the weekend :P but the occasional off over the weekend means full-on masti time to catch up with family and friends! So we headed to the movies - Dil Dhadhakne Do. (Yes, my second time :D) It was fun, yet again - last time, I had mum to laugh out loud with, and this time, I had Pran's boisterous laughter for company:D

Following which, we took the MRT to Marina Bay Sands. And, being a constant Circle line commuter, I strongly advocated that the yellow line would be faster than the red line, despite it having an extra station - so the bet was placed! And I was off on the yellow line, while Maa and Pran continued on red line to check out the truth for ourselves - yes, Pran and I do silly yet funny things :D Fine! He beat me by a fraction of a second - but he got off at the wrong ticket tapping exit :P So-I win! Muhahaha :D

Maa joined her long-lost friend from Indonesia for a stroll by the gardens - while I treated Pran to some high tea at TWG. We tasted some Darjeeling tea infused ice-cream as well - which was a first! And boy, was I pleasantly surprised :) Will definitely try their other flavours next time :)
We then, met the friends' gang at Lau Pa Sat and had dinner under the historic building, catching up with Arpit who was visiting for a few days. We did stop by at Magic Carpet to groove, but it was rather too crowded for our liking and we retreated our steps much earlier than we had planned...

Lazy Sunday was here soon enough and we just lazed on the couch, watching our wedding video :D It's still so heart-warming to see all the joy-filled moments of our wedding and all the lovely people who coloured our wedding in beautiful shades of fun, love and blessings :)
I enjoyed helping Maa with the lunch, and then I headed to work while Pran and Maa went to the beach to chill...

A week of farewells and welcome home's.
A week of getting back to being a "couple" in the same frikking time-zone :D
A week of more mommy love and mom-in-love :)

T-16wks







No comments:

Post a Comment